P.Glia is a global developer and supplier of unique specialized products and services for brain research and drug discovery related to brain pathology. The company was founded in 2010 in Bonn, Germany by Dr. Penka Pesheva, PhD in neurobiology and until 2010 professor of neurobiology at the University of Bonn. P.Glia continues growing its global operations while providing the same level of personalized attention and professional support to scientists and pharmaceutical companies.
Our mission is to contribute to the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases by creating new tools and providing simple and reliable solutions for biomarker and drug development related to brain repair.
- novel and efficient technologies for the isolation, culture and analysis of glial and neuronal cells
- neural cell based models for drug and biomarker development related to neurodegeneration (i.e multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer´s disease, brain trauma) and brain repair.
- Cell isolation kits (for oligodendrocytes/progenitors and CNS neurons)
- Specialized cell culture growth and differentiation media for brain cells and human neural stem cells
- Specialized cell culture reagents for neural cells
- Selected antibodies for neuroscience research
- Glial and neuronal cell based assays and trauma models as biomarker and drug discovery platforms related to neurodegeneration and brain injury
Since 2016 a new successful product pipeline – PG Biomedical – is dedicated to the development of Health & Beauty Biomedical Products for a highly effective natural cosmetics based on organic oils, minerals and plant extracts, and the long-term expertise of Dr. Pesheva in cell and matrix biology.